Cabin air filter on a 2005 Camry SE

Where is it and can I replace it myself? Thanx.

Reply to
es336td

Under the dash "behind" the utility box/glove compartment.

The OEM Toyota brand replacement filter comes with fairly clear instructions on how to do this yourself. If it's like the 03, it will take 10 minutes, including the time to read the instructions, find a screwdriver and then swap it out.

You could try to find an aftermarket, but they aren't plentiful, and at least for me it was only about four dollars cheaper. The real drawback was, however, was the aftermarket I bought, I don't remember the brand, Bosch maybe?? didn't really "fit" Oh, it did sort of, but it took a lot of fussing and you don't sound as if you are that "up" on working on cars..

The Toyota just drop in with ease.

Reply to
timbirr

Where is it and can I replace it myself? Thanx.

info on how-to-to it in the owners manual takes 5 mins on my 2002 SE i do mine once a year don't let the dealer talk you into changing it-he will charge too much herb

Reply to
Herbnn

It's in the upper area of the glove box.

Open the glove box and remove the phillip's screw @ the hinge point on the sides of the box & remove it by pushing in each side of the box to disconnect the "claws" that hold it when it's in the open position. You will then be able to get to the filter case in the upper part to the opening.

Reply to
Goat

I had just replaced the carbin filter on my (03 LE) 2 weeks ago. I called up 3 dealers, each quoted me a different price ($31.88, $28.00, $38.00). I went to a local Advance AutoParts store and got the filter by Purolator for $19.28. The filter comes with clear instructions (with picture illustrations). It was a perfect fit. It took me 2 minutes to read the instructions, and another 3 minutes to replace the filter. tcl

Reply to
tcl

Yes,you may replace it your-self. Should be behind the Glove compartment. Drop the glove box and there you are. Napa sells them.Some have instructions. Some guys go to Home-Depot and purchase a furnace filter and cut it to fit the Camry.Good Luck......

Reply to
W.T. MC GLYNN