Camry 2000 - Noise when rolling up driver side window

Hello All,

My Camry 2000 is making a "Drrrr" kind of noise when rolling up the driver side window as is something is shaking or trembling. It does "not" make the noise when rolling down though.

Other windows are working fine.

Please help me in diagnosing this. All tips/suggestions welcome.

Reply to
Diwa

Sounds like the regulator mechanism may be binding up. You might want to remove the door panel and lube the moving parts. Spraying some silicone in the track might help too.

Reply to
NickySantoro

I want to attempt to lubricate the window regulator. For this, I should be taking off the door panel, right ? Not the whole door, right ?

Also, I had the master power switch changed last year at an auto shop. Parts was $275. Does this comprise both window motor and window regulator ?

Thanks

Reply to
Diwa

Finally took off the door panel but saw that removing the regulator would be difficult.

So took it to local mechanic. Parts was $50 and labor was $60. I had ordered the parts online.

Now, the problem does not exist anymore. Smooth operation now.

Reply to
Diwa