Camry 2005 Oil Change

Might sound like a silly question, but I am about to make first oil change on Camry 2005:

- how much oil to add after oil and filter change?

- I took a look at oil pan and it looks like a filter is pretty close to it in a vertical position, just need to confirm that this is the right one

- in order to maintain my warranty do I need to keep receipts for original oil filter, oil plug gasket and oil receipts?

I might be over cautious with these questions, but this is a very new car. I always changed oil on my old Ford in the past, so have some experience...

Thanks,

Wes

Reply to
Wes Braczkowski

Open glove box and pull out the owners manual which Toyota provides --- the engine oil capacities w&w/out filter is clearly listed in the back. It varies depending on if yours is a 4 or V6. Yes - you need to keep oil/filter receipts and log of when changed. Oil plug does not have to be changed every oil change.

Reply to
Wolfgang

Wes, if you are doing your own, might I suggest something that I have done for the past 10 years or so, and that is to replace the drainplug with a fumoto drain valve

It has seriously made my life much easier in terms of changing the oil. And, at least for me, make your own decision, I have never had a problem with it, even on the low-slung Camry. At least look at their website for a hoot.

Yes, that filter you see is the oil filter. It's in a horrible spot on the camry, I never fail to drip oil all down my arm while changing the filter. I much prefer the Toyota's of yore when the filters were placed on the SIDE of the block.

The other factor with the camry, probably not if you are doing your own, there is some sort of metal flange in the middle of the fill hole, so be cautious you don't jam some sort of object down in there while putting in the new oil and mangle the flange. But, with DIY, probably not an issue.

Reply to
timbirr

Reply to
Wes Braczkowski