Camry bucking at low revs

At low revolutions my Camry is bucking. If I press the clutch and then slowly release it the problem goes away, but returns shortly afterwards. Over time the revolutions at which this problem occurs seem to be increasing from 800 to 1400 nowadays. In first gear the problem is worse (or more noticable) than in higher gears. In neutral the problem doesn't appear to exist (even though the revs are down to 5 or 600). I get the same phenomena on gas and LPG.

It's a 4 cyl 5 speed manual shift Camry 2.1i, 1999, 156.000 miles, dual fuel (gas and LPG). Other than the bucking it's in great shape. It passed inspection (including environmental) a few weeks ago, and mileage is steady.

Any idea what could be wrong?

Bert

PS Sorry for my English, it is not my native language.

Reply to
Bert

BTW I've never had this problem with my Ford. Could this be a typical Toyota problem?

Bert

Reply to
Bert

No, it is not a typical Toyota problem. You are probably going to have to take this one into the shop.

Reply to
hls