camry driver door wont open

the drivers side door wont open even though the door is unlocked. i cant take the door panel off to fix the problem cause the door wont open for me to take off the side and bottom screws for the door panel. when unlocking the door i hear the latch for the lock disengaging so i know that its unlocked. and the door handle on the inside and outside have no pressure on them when trying to open the door, so i think that the cable is broken. how can i fix this?

Reply to
mtscorp

Towing serivce like AAA can open it. Might cost less if you take the vehicle to their location.

Reply to
Daniel M. Dreifus

Hmmmm...didn't we go through this already? Or was this someone else with the same problem?

In a previous post I suggested making a hook out of a wire coathanger (after opening it up of course) and hooking the rod that opens the door. If this was you and you tried it, sorry. This is the only way I know to open the door when the handle is out of commission. The only other way, and it may require ruining the inner door panel, is to remove the door arm rest, the inner handle, etc, pulling all the screws out, and try lifting up on the panel. If you're lucky, it will slide off the retainers and come loose. You may just have to do this and pry it up from the window and again hope it slips off the retainers. It may break the retainers, or, worse, the little formed in slides the retainers slide into. This will definitely suck.

Reply to
HachiRoku