Camry stalls when decelerating and sometimes when turning ...means what?

My daughter drives my car so I can't be 100% complete in reporting this, but here my question:

What could account for frequent stalling, reportedly when slowing and sometimes when turning? The car is a 1993 4-cyl, wagon. When she called thinking she was stranded last night, I went and started the car easily. It ran smoothly with normal idle. It also made it home (a few miles) with no problem. I think she said it runs rough as it dies, but am not certain.

The distributor looks OK (I didn't open it), and the gas cap good. Today I put in dry gas and some kind of fuel injector cleaner, which evidently did not help, since it stalled again.

Thnanks for any help. I will try to check this group, but feel free to reply directly (my address should be correctly included).

Reply to
Dan Falkoff

You HAVE to start with extracting any stored failure codes from the engine's ECM. Get back to us with whatever codes you retireved. :-)

Reply to
Philip®

Dan, my Camry popped a code yesterday and I took it to my mechanic, come to find out it is the O2 sensor. So by next Tuesday I should be able to tell if this is causing the stalling problem. More later, john

Reply to
Grave Digger