Camry Transmission service

What tool do I use to remove the drain plug on a 1996 Camry. It seems to look somewhat like a TORX type bit but I could not get anything to fit. Thanks.

Reply to
me here

10 mm Allen head socket -- like an allen wrench, but works with a ratchet handle -- can be found at Auto Zone or elsewhere.
Reply to
Daniel M. Dreifus

By the way, when topping up new fluid after draining, remember that the transmission fluid needs to be hot to get the level correct. That means driving at least ten miles. Fill to the cold marks for preliminary reading.

Reply to
Daniel M. Dreifus

I'm using a 3/8 which comes at about .95 mm. It seems just fine doesn't seem loose.

James

Reply to
James Atkinson