Camry TYRES.

Hi,

I have a 1995 CAMRY 2.2 Auto. 79k Miles from new. I am about to renew the front Tyres. 205 R65 15 V.

They have usually been DUNLOP SPORT 300s but they are no longer available.

Local Tyre shops are pushing DUNLOP SPORT 01 as the new wonder rubber.

Any comments.

I still have DUNLOP SPORT 300 on the rear. and they are fine for long while yet.

Would the 01 be an acceptable match.

Johnny UK.

Reply to
JM

My Dunlops went hard and slippery at 5 years or 40000 miles. Tires Oxidise , get hard and dangerously slippery with age. 10 yr old tires are junk no matter how good the tread, If you dont believe me next time it rains see how bad your stopping is. Junk all 4. I just junked 2 rear Michelins that were 5 years old when I did a 180 in snow, even though they had 60000 miles of tread left. Dont keep old tires, one day you will need to stop and wont be able to, junk them all. Michelin is a better tire.

Reply to
m Ransley

Hi,

I understand what you are saying but the 2 on the back are only circa

2 years old and maybe 15.000 miles on them.

The Michelin here seem to be the upper end of the market at about US$160 each. I wonder how that compairs with USA prices

Johnny UK.

Reply to
JM

A tire [tyre] dealer would best direct you, miss matching a pair will affect handling, tire dealers here would not sell and install a missmatch due to the liability. Call Dunlop.

Reply to
m Ransley