Camry Xenon Lights & Other Accessories

Was wondering if anyone has installed any of the 'cheaper' Xenon headlight kits. I'm not looking to spend $500, but have noticed the cheaper bulbs and kits on eBay but was wondering if they are any good. I know you get what you pay for and a $10 or $20 light isn't the same as $500, but are they any good at all? Are some better than others? I've read that some will overheat or burnout and you'll have to replace them. And what is the difference in the temperature, some are 4-5k, others are 7k. Does higher termp equate to brighter light? Also I saw that someone suggested using Sylvania's new SilverStar lights, that they are much better quality that the cheap Xenon knockoffs and are almost as bright.

Are there any good catalogs or online retailers out there, preferably that have 2004 Camry accessories/parts? Just looking for head & taillight covers or accents right now, but Lord knows what later.

Thanks, Brian

2004 Camry SE (6 days old)
Reply to
Brian Grigg

Even i did asked the same question, but no body replied to me. I am interested in putting Xenon Lamps to my Camry car

Reply to
vamsy
4k-5k etc. refers to the color of the light, warmth. Incandesant are warmer and have a lower number than halogen or HID zenon. Try Silverstars they are cheap. Piaa has good bulbs. Remember, Light output is rated in Lumens, If you cant get a Lumen Rating then dont beleive what they say. You may only get 2-15 % more without going the 1000$ route. That is where good fog lights help , Piaa is a top brand , The 1500 Piaa are good. Also depending on bulb style will determine Piaas High output bulbs.
Reply to
m Ransley

Go for a brand name for sure...I've only heard good things about SilverStars, and I've heard that from at least 20+ people. If you wanna get cheaper than that, go for Sylvania's CoolBlues or Philips BlueVision. All the bulbs shine white, not blue. Some PIAA's burn out quickly, and they cost a lot...good brand, but maybe not as reliable.

I've had tons of cheapy bulbs, I'm most satisfied with my CoolBlues at $20/pair CDN.

Are there any good catalogs or online retailers out there, preferably that have 2004 Camry accessories/parts? Just looking for head & taillight covers or accents right now, but Lord knows what later.

Thanks, Brian

2004 Camry SE (6 days old)
Reply to
hlee

Don't waste your money.

Brian

and

any

the

covers

Reply to
NoSpam

Stay away from the Ebay lights. They are NOT Xenon, and are not HID. They are halogen lamps, sometimes overdriven (these are the ones that burn out frequently), and sometimes just colored to look blue. Unless seriously overdriven, you cannot get a color temperature higher than about 4k out of a halogen.

Silverstars are as good as it gets without going to a true HID.

--- Rich

Rich Lockyer

Save your money, the cheap bulbs will burn out in less that 6 months, I tried 3 different brands before I simply gave up. I'm just using Sylvania Cool Blue now, no complaints.

Josh

Reply to
Joshua Smeltser

and

any

the

covers

Reply to
jor

Thanks for all you comments, that's where I was leaning anyway. You always try to cut corners and save money wherever you can, but a $500 light for under $20 is just not realistic.

I order a pair of high & low SilverStars, I'm sure they'll be fine. And even if I have to replace the low's once a year or so, that isn't too bad.

Thanks again everyone, Brian

and

any

the

covers

Reply to
Brian Grigg

Ive had Piaa in for about 5-6 yrs , they are only a bit brighter.

Reply to
m Ransley

The CoolBlues are a good, less expensive alternative to the SilverStars if the budget is tight when it's time to replace the SilverStars.

--- Rich

Rich Lockyer

The standard bulb is 45 watts so are replacements but Piaa offers 45 or

85 watts replacements. I would worry that the 85 watt could melt your assembly in 90 f + and slow traffic. Piaa is quality but you pay.
Reply to
m Ransley

Try Daniel Stern Lighting at

he will be glad to help you make a educated decission. If you don't find your information on his web site try e-mailing him. He posts once and a while on the Doge truck news group.

Gary Carter

and

any

the

covers

Reply to
Gary Carter

And who sells them?

Reply to
Father Guido

Father Guido spake unto the masses in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Google is your friend.

--
TeGGeR®

How to find anything on the Internet or in Usenet Groups:
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Tegger®

Thanks! They're $42.20 each! That's wee bit much if you ask me.

Reply to
Father Guido