can I use Mobile /orther brand motor oil in Toyota Camery?

Hello, I have 99 toyota camry 4cl. Can I use Mobil/other brand motor oil and oil filter in camry? If I do not use Toyota oil filter/ or oil it my car will face any problem? How many quater do I need fill in 99 camery 4cl LE. Thank you in advacc for advice. Regards, RR

Reply to
Rislam

According to the reports at bobistheoilguy.com, Mobil 1 5W30 works well in your engine. I have the same car, and my used oil analysis reports suggest that 9000 km (5600 mi) oil change intervals are perfectly safe with that oil.

The Mobil oil filters are considered good but you can't go wrong using a Toyota filter. Some people use the Rav4 filter, which is bigger and hence provides more filtration material. Stay away from Fram, though.

The official capacity is 3.8 quarts, IIRC. Most people just put 4 quarts in.

Reply to
Nobody Important

You can use any brand of motor oil and filter in your car as long as it is the correct API grade and viscosity. I prefer the Purolator PureOne filter

and dino oil (Valvoline, Castrol). Many use Mobil filter and synthetic oil in their cars.

Reply to
johngdole