Car care tips

couple of suggestions from items discovered recently:

When draining hot transmission fluid into a plastic drain pan, and dropping the drain plug - just use an inexpensive telescoping magnet tool to pick out the drain plug easily

When re filling the transmission, rather than repeatedly adding small amounts to finally get the right level, since I'm usually adding oil too, and the bottles have measure marks on the side - use a large funnel to pour the old fluid carefully in the empty oil bottles to measure the correct amount of new fluid needed.

When washing the car, and drying with a chamois (good idea since it will not scratch and also is said to polish the finish) use two. I just kept the old one with some holes when buying a replacement. After using the first to remove most of the water, the second works well on glass and finishing up, much better than trying to wring every last bit of water from the first. Starting again with a second dry chamois just makes the whole process easier.

Reply to
Daniel

I'm curious what kind of funnel you use and how you keep an air gap to allow smooth filling through the narrow tube.

Reply to
camry-keeper