CEL (P0401) on Camry

2000 Camry LE (v4).

Have been fighting with a CEL that is a code P0401 (EGR Insufficient flow detected) for several months now. Car runs great...no problems that I can see/feel/hear/etc... Only exception is the CEL.

When I first had the CEL appear, I took it up to Autozone and had the code read...P0401. On the top of the list is EGR valve. a little while later, I replaced the EGR valve and had the code reset. Two days later the CEL comes back...P0401 again. Next item I replaced was the ECT (Engine Coolant Temperature) sensor and had the code reset. Not quite a day later, the CEL comes back...Yes, P0401. Next item I replaced was the EGR Modulator valve and had the code reset. One day later, the P0401 comes back. Which brings me to the present day...

I have purchased the next part on the list... An EGR VSV. I have looked at Haynes and there appears to be several views of this for different models, but I can?t seem to find on the car what the fine folks at Toyota gave me. Autozone didn?t have the VSV, nor the modulator btw.

Also, btw, replaced hose from EGR to modulator, two hoses from modulator to throttle-body (I think...not sure what the part is...)

Like I said, the car is running great thus far, so I?m not getting too worried at the moment, but just not comfortable with this CEL hanging around.

Does anyone have a GOOD photo/diagram/etc... of this part/location/etc... that they could respond with? I?d appreciate it very much!

Reply to
JoeCamry

Perhaps (and I say that because EGR codes can be quite annoying) that the EGR system is OK, but the passages in the manifold are plugged (with carbon) so the car thinks the egr system is AFU.

Now, I just did some quick research, (IATN.com) The VSV valve (under the intake manifold) seems to fail allot.

Reply to
Steve H