Changing Coolant in a Solara

Hi there.

2000 Solara is my car. I want to change the coolant but I cannot locate the bolt to loosen in the engine block to release the coolant. Can somebody point me where exactly it is? I bought a Solara repair manual but the drawing there is too generic, I mean, not exact. Thank you in advance.

Alberto

Reply to
Kalboh

There is a drain in the radiator, at the bottom. Try again...

Reply to
hachiroku

I wouldn't bother with the drain plug on the block if that's truly what you mean. I once lifted the car and opened the drain on the engine block after draining the coolant from the bottom of the radiator, and only a few more drops came out - clearly not worth the extra effort, since the drain plug on the block is awkward to reach. After several times lifting the car, and removing the plastic shielding under the radiator to access the radiator drain, discovered with a shop light, that you can reach it from above if you're careful, and loosen and tighten it with your fingers - much simpler. On mine, there's a hole in the plastic shielding beneath, and a short tube on the radiator drain to direct draining coolant through that hole.

Reply to
Daniel

I forgot to add, the engine is the V6. Maybe the drain plug is easier to access? Thanks for the response.

Reply to
Kalboh