Changing rear wheel bearing/hub assembly on 98 camry.

Hello, I have done a few rear hub swaps on different cars with rear disk brakes but never with drum brakes. How easy is it to pull the rear drum brake assembly? Do I have to actually disconnect them or can I pull the round covers with the drum brake parts enclosed and rest them to the side? Thanks:)

Reply to
:

I looked at the autoparts store at a book and it appears that after I remove the drum brake cover the hub will have 2 large holes to insert the socket to get to the 4 bolts holding on the hub assembly and that it can be removed without messing with the brakes. The only question I have is how do I keep the hub from spinning while trying to loosen the bolts? I dont think I can apply the parking brake as it will hold on the hub??? Thanks :) Nate

Reply to
: