Check Engine light on my 92 Camry

My Camry is currently showing a check engine light on the dashboard. I recently replaced the computer, however the performance of the car and its idling is not good. It feels like i am driving with the hand brake on. Please advise what the problem might be

Reply to
atupiye

My friend... i have 2000 with 80k km. change timing built plus sparks and you will find the difference. maybe it was lighting from time to time when you press gas peddal.

Reply to
Nubian

======================= Was there some reason you replaced the computer? Unless you followed specific diagnostic procedures that identified it as faulty, I'd start by putting the orignial back in, then checking the code. For the '92 with OBD1, you just count the number of times the check engine light flashes to identify the code. Try connecting Te1 and E1 on the underhood daignostic port, then turn on the key.

Reply to
Daniel