CHECK ENGINE lights on in my car 99 Camry ALMOST WITHIN A YEAR !!

I had this problem and I got it fixed at local dealer on June 24,2003. Again this morning I got the CHECK ENGINE light on. Toyota warranties parts and work for 1 year. If I take it on monday 6/28/04 would I be covered by Toyota ?

Last year he had replaced the EGR and VSV value and I shelled out close to $600...what happening ?

Reply to
Manoj Nair

Have you checked to make sure the gas cap is on tight?

Reply to
Art

Yeah and also I had replaced the o2 sensor with a new one.

Reply to
Manoj Nair

Are you assuming the problem to be EGR related? Did you read the Code? Visit AutoZone, they will read you the code for free.

Reply to
IceMan

AUTOZONE has stopped reading code in CA due to some lawsuits. Also yes I am assuming its related to O2,EGR,vsv which i just changed last year. Maybe i am completely wrong.

Reply to
Manoj Nair

I anyway called AUTOZONE and they will lend me the ODB-II reader by paying the deposit of $175. I read somewhere on this board that the 16 pin DLP is located below the coin change slot on left side of steering wheel.

Now I am a complete novice. How do i open the left bottom of dashboard to expose the 16 pin? Would just a screw driver do the job? I am scared i might open but not be able to fit it back...

Thanks

Reply to
Manoj Nair

Hey, did you even look down there? On early camrys, it's behind the change box, after that it's exposed and basically right below the steering column, above your ankles when you're driving.

mb

-------------

Manoj Nair wrote:

Reply to
MB

MB I checked below the steering wheel column and its not there ...I have a 99 Camry..

Visit

Reply to
Manoj Nair

It's OBD, (On Board Dignostics) but no matter.

You can buy your OWN OBD-II reader for less than Auto Zone's rent.

Reply to
jjnunes

Reply to
David

Ok I think I located the 16 pin connector. Just to verify i took 2 pictures with my digi camera and are located here

The photos are blured but one of them is decipherable.

Thanks to you guys for all help. I will contact autozone and get the ODB-II reader.

Visit

Reply to
Manoj Nair

Yeah, that's it. It has to be there by LAW, actually. Every car after about 97 has to have it within a 12" zone down there. Have fun.

mb

Manoj Nair wrote:

Visit

24,2003.