Clunking rear

Clunking sounds like a loose shock / strut over bumps usually when there is less weight on the drivers side, like turning left. Taking bumps straight on as well. Sounds like drivers side. I didnt know if the tie-rods in rear are common failure issues or not. I didnt notice leaky struts but maybe they are old? Maybe someone in cyberspace has had a simular problem. Thanks for the feedback. Oh yea, it's a 98 Camry 4cyl 75,000miles Thanks in advance

Reply to
DrRamhammer

Most clunking noise on Camrys is from the front strut towers..rear ones are not usually noisey...Everything in the trunk secure? Low tire press in the spare has led to a few rattles..Tire tools secure too? Check those things first...I have the original rear struts on my 97 with

175,000 miles, just changed the front struts recently...
Reply to
ROBMURR

If no loose or damaged struts/mounts, try changing your sway bar rubber bushings Andrew

is

on as

are

Reply to