Clutch, tire bumps, and recommended tire size

Hi everyone, I've got a few fairly simple questions:

  1. CLUTCH: After lending my car to a friend for a couple weeks, I found my clutch was slipping - engine revving while accelerating with foot off clutch, and the clutch releasing near the top of its range. I've been driving the car myself, pretty slowly and releasing the clutch slowly, such that the problem is not exacerbated. Now it seems that the problem has gone away. Is it possible that the clutch can be "trained" back to its working state? Also in the past my clutch pedal squeaks while being depressed. It went away now, but is this a problem?

  1. TIRE BUMPS: There are weird, irregular bumps along the side of my tire. They are a bit discolored too. It seems that this might have occurred after a 500 mile trip, a few stops. I have goodyear integrity's, speed rating 92S, i think? Is this a problem? It has not been a problem for me yet, i rotated my tires yesterday.

  2. TIRE SIZES: I have a friend with a nissan altima with OEM tire size
205/60/R15. I have 4 extra tires, 205/65/R15. Will the 10mm or so of extra sidewall height really make a difference? What kind of (detrimental?) impact would it make for him to install these tires?

Thanks for all your help in advance.

Reply to
runxctry

This is a 1999 Toyota Camry CE, manual transmission.

Reply to
runxctry

Um, not really. Look for leaking fluid or a bubble in the hydraulic line.

Are they denting in or bulging out? If they are denting in, it is a seam and the way they are molded.

If they are bulging OUT, the sidewall is broken, and the tire may blow out at any time. This is NOT good, get them replaced NOW!

Nah. You'll get a bit softer ride, if even perceivable, and your speedo will be off a shade. Google Miata tire size calculator and run the numbers there. I think it gives you a speedo error. Googling Dodge Ram Tire Calculator will give you another one, and 1010 tires has one, too.

Reply to
Hachiroku