Code P0300 P0301 P0304 2001 Camry 4cyl. need help please.

My Sister's Camry 2001 4 Cyl. was running rough, and wanted me to look at it. I told her I would start with replacing the spark plugs and fuel filter, the filter has never been changed and the plugs looked worn. She has 69,000 on the car. She never mentioned the engine light was on until after I worked on it, but I never paid attention if the light when I was working on it. I have a code reader, and it had 4 codes in the system. P0300, P0301 (twice), and P0304. I can't believe changing plugs and fuel filter would make the light go on. Does the 2 plugs share the same coil? Did changing the fuel filter, plug up the fuel ejectors more? There was a problem before, but maybe replacing some parts, made the part going bad weaker? Thanks for any help.

Reply to
Fred

The proper filter/plugs change should not do anything negative. The P0300 random/multiple misfires cylinder 1 (P0301) and 4. (P0304). Check spark plug wires to make sure they are properly seated. Measure resistance (25Kohm per foot) to make sure there aren't breaks in the wires. Make sure routing is correct. One problem can affect both because it's an out dated waste spark system (too bad), and #1 and #4 are on the same circuit loop.

You should also measure the coil resistance at the wire connector. Check Haynes for the correct value. What plugs are you using?

Fred wrote:

Reply to
johngdole