converting Camry to natural gas: any experience?

Has anyone succeeded in converting his Camry to run on natural gas? My '95 V6 sits in the garage, and I'd like to convert it. Any advice? Thanks, Herb

Reply to
Herbert.Kocks

I think Honda sold or sells a unit-car, It wont be cheap or worth it. Its drawback is the electric cost and cost of the pump to get enough NG into your car to run. Propane on the other hand has been done easily for years, my friend ran a propane chevy 1/2 ton for years in the 60-70s. You have to research all costs.

Reply to
ransley

Propane sounds interesting. How did you convert your car to burn propane? Thx, Herb

Reply to
Herbert.Kocks

I will guess a big tank, different rear struts and new injectors, alot of $ maybe 1200.00

Reply to
ransley