cooling system

I just changed the radiator in my 93' toyota camry and now my power steering fluid is being drained when the engine runs. HELP!

Reply to
toyota93

Did you reconnect hydraulic fan motor line? The return line? Where's the fluid coming from? A little more info would be helpful.

Reply to
qslim

The power steering reservoir has four inlet/outlet lines. Could some of those run to the radiator for cooling purposes?

Reply to
toyota93

Yeah, they go to the fan motor. Didn't you disconnect these when you changed the radiator?

Reply to
qslim

I just changed my Radiator and all hoses about 3 months ago on a 1995 4 cyl CAMRY

There was only the main top and bottom hoses and 2 smaller hoses that went to a automatic gearbox oil cooler in the bottom tank area.

It did need both cooling fans to be disconnected but no other hoses on mine.

Johnny UK

Reply to
JM

Yeah Johnny, your 4 cylinder doesn't have the hydraulic fan circuit. Though he didn't mention it, I suspect the OP has the six cylinder, which runs the cooling fan via hydraulic pressure off the power steering pump (for some reason). Probably forgot to connect a hose or put the crush washer back on when he reinstalled everything.

Reply to
qslim