Corolla dealer new car prep

I know this isn't a Corlloa group but does anyone have a list of the items to be checked/adjusted on the new 2004 Corolla LE automatic by the dealer before delivery?

We went to look at and drive an ordered car that had supposedly been prepped and the tire pressure, using a properly working gauge, was 41 lbs. in one tire and 35 in one other. I couldn't check the other two because of a car next to it. While we were waiting for the finance guy (our salesman was busy at the moment) to get us the sticker, he even mentioned tire pressure as one item that was to be checked and adjusted. This might seem like a minor issue but what else wasn't done. I have a feeling that the car was just washed and waxed and put in the sold area.

When we sat down with the salesman I told him that I could tell that the car was not prepped and we were not going to test drive it and to send it back through the service department. He wanted to know which items and I refused to tell him. I don't want someone to just take the air out of the tires.

Marc

Reply to
Marc

Heeze I thougth dealer prep was removing the shipping protective tape, washing it and installing the mats which are shipped in the trunk. Reason they don't charge extra for dealer prep any longer is cus there isn't any!

Reply to
Wolfgang

Same thing happened with my old girlfriend's Camry. The right front was well above the tire's maximum allowable pressure.

One of my new car buying tips is to check everything, especially tire pressure and lug nut torque.

Reply to
Anthony Giorgianni

You can search for the PDI sheets and get a copy of them and demand to see the sheet for the vehicle and go over the steps. If they refuse, leave and see a better dealer.

Reply to
Car Guy

Please tell us the name and location of this dealer. Thanks.

- Don

Reply to
Don Enderton

Western suburb of Boston. Rather not be more particular. Sorry.

Reply to
Marc