CV boot problem

Technician who changed oil said my 95 Camry right CV boot is broken. When I turn my car, I can hear a little crunch sound. He said this could cause joint damage and eventually my tire would go off track someday if I don't have it fixed. I am wondering what is the worst case if I don't repair it?

Reply to
kk

Every thing he said and then more. Spend the money. Mike

Reply to
Artfulcodger

=_NextPart_000_0087_01C3FC54.D1C22580 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Windows-1252" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Also, if the "clank-clank" noise is heard when making turns, the whole = shaft needs to be replaced.

if the noise exist, he boot can be replace, but the CV Joint is already = damaged, and it will eventually go bad; it is better to do it now.

the whole shaft for my 96 Camry, V6 was about $90.00 at AutoZone about 1 = year ago.

If you don't repair it, you'll have to pay for: shaft + Labor + Towing + = lost time + headache + Taxi/rental + whatever it comes :)

Reply to
FORY