Did the dealer screw up my steering wheel?

I had a 90k mile service for my '96 Camry. The service included installation of new rotors & power steering wheel fluid flush. After leaving the dealer, I started to hear creaking noise when turning the steering wheel especially at a low speed. I had never heard that before. So, I called the dealer and they said that (obviously) what they did to my car should not cause such a noise. I thought about going to the dealer again, but I guess that they'll just say the noise is normal or they will not hear it. Should I believe the dealer? What should I do? Thanks.

Reply to
David Pintos

installation

Bring the car back and tell them about your problem. If they say that the work they performed should not have caused the problem, you should agree and tell them that since it obviously did cause the problem, there is something wrong with the work they performed and they need to fix it.

If you get any flack, ask to talk to the service manager. If he gives you any flack, ask to talk to the General Manager. If you can't do this because you are a wimp, you should start watching the Dr. Phil show.

Reply to
Mark A

I had the same problem on my 2001 camry xle 4-cyl. Took it to the dealer for an oil change and mentioned the squeak....(this happened at

7500 miles) It was taken care of when I got the car back. The service sheet mentioned "GREASE STEERING COLUMN".... The same thing has started again though (@ 34K miles)...
Reply to
Pintoo

Look where the steering column goes thru the floorboard There is a small universal joint there that starts to squeek. A shot of spray lube will fix it.

Reply to
ROBMURR

Bulls-eye.... I used WD40 instead of spray lube.... Thank you ;)

Reply to
Pintoo

Do use spray lube and not WD40, WD40 will displace the existing = lubrication and evaporate leaving the steering column dry and squeaking = again.

Jack.

Reply to
Jack