Differential oil ck

I have a 91 camry 4 cylinder and every oil change place , the dealer, and my mechanic have said there is no differential oil to check. Well I found out there is and finally had it done. I hope other people are aware of this.

Reply to
m Ransley

Could be over due for the differential fluid to be changed also - unless that's what you already had done.

Reply to
Daniel M. Dreifus

Yes its overdue for a change, does the differential have a drain plug or does it have to be pumped out.

Reply to
m Ransley

Drain plug. Looks like the transmission drain plug, only a bit further back. You may need a pump to get the new fluid in though - fill hole is sorta way up in back. Some have used a funnel from above with a long tube. I use a pump from below. Mine is the next "Generation" Camry and it actually calls for ATF in the differential. Old fluid was badly degraded and discolored, even though prior owner's reciepts showed fluid change - parts and labor. Even noticed a bit more power after new fluid went in.

Reply to
Daniel M. Dreifus

Hi all,can someone advice what type of oil 4 differiential. my car is a 93 camry 4 cyld. Thanks

joey

Reply to
camle93

My 1994 4 cyl manual says DEXRON II. Same as transmission fluid. You might look at the manual or sneak a peak at Haynes manual in store.

Reply to
badgolferman

a 91 takes trans fluid

Reply to