Disk pad lube

Am putting on new Toyota disk brake pads and shims on my '03 Camry V6. Exactly where should the pad lube go? I could put it on the pad, both sides of both shims, but that seems a bit too much. Any suggestions?

Reply to
Wayne55dud

Usually you don't need lube between shim and pad. You do need it anywhere the pad/shim is touching heavy metal, like the caliper piston, slide points and on the back side of the caliper where pads mount. Don't forget to clean all slide points first, if slide pins clean with brake cleaner, if pads slide on a machined surface on caliper clean with a soft wire brush or a brass brush is best. HTH, davidj92

Reply to
davidj92