Do my camry need transmission oil change, 118000 miles?

I have a Camry 2.2L 1996, about 118000 miles, never change transmission oil.Now it runs well. Do anybody know I should change it or not? Thank you very much

Reply to
Sunsonn

If it's an automatic also change out the strainer and wipe clean the pan. I'd use the ~$20 Fram ATF kit that includes a strainer and a cork- rubber gasket. I use Valvoline's GM-Dexron III ATF.

There should be a layer of metal shavings on the bottom of the pan and the strainer should have metal shavings as part of normal wear and tear.

Reply to
johngdole

Thank you very much!

never changed before? I appraciate your help. Did you do it before?

Reply to
Sunsonn

You should also take a shower every few days and change the coolant, but I guess manuals are only for the dogs to play with...........

Reply to
ransley

even it hasnot

Get a pro to do it, you are NOT qualified

Reply to
ransley