Door lock problems - 1998 LE

The driver-side lock control seems to work fine - I can "unlock" all 4 doors. Each of the 4 door locks then displays red, indicating that the passengers can open the doors. Problem is that the back-left door cannot actually be opened by the passenger. You can open the door easily enough from the outside, but not from the inside.

Is this a common problem? How much should this cost to fix? Any info will be greatly appreciated....

Frank

Reply to
Frank

Have you checked the child safety lock switch?

Pat

Reply to
pws

That was it. I didn't know that each rear door had that tiny black plastic switch until I read the owner's manual. That did the trick. Thanks for the tip!

Reply to
Frank