Driver seat rattle

Hi,

Anybody out there know how to fix the problem with a "rocking chair" on the driver's side? Every corner i take, i feel an annoying sideway movement in my chair.

In a TSB list i found this: "BO005-98 MAR 98 Seats - Rocking Motion on Driver's Side"

But i dont know what the fix to this problem is. Is there something i can do myself, tightening the seat tracks or something like that? What would be the costs of replacing the seat tracks?

Thanks in advance,

Eric, The Netherlands

1996 (model 1997) Camry V6 Auto
Reply to
Eric

On many Toyota's routine maintennce includes tightening certain bolts under the car including the bolts which fasten the seats. Unfortunately, I've never seen a dealer do it and when I ask about it their fascial expression looks like a deer in headlights.

Reply to
Art

When I bought my 97 used from the dealer, I noticed the driver's seat rocking also. I insisted they fix that before I bought it and they replaced the rails. I don't know what it cost but I assume if it could be repaired they would have done that rather than replace.

Reply to
badgolferman

The TSB involves replacing the seat rails, and I think its an absolute pain in the ass to do. I don't know the price off the top of my head, but Im pretty sure they're not cheap.

Reply to
Qslim

This kind of cracks me up. Chrysler had a seat rail problem in their 94 LHS. No rocking or rattling but you might get a bump when moving forward or backwards. They replaced them free for the asking even after the car was off warranty.

Reply to
Art

This has to do with 2 tiny ball bearings in the rail on the seat. It is not easy to fix without just replacing the rails altogether. I had this problem in a Toy I bought for $200; I had another seat hagning around and removed one of the bearings, and just jammed it in where the missing bearing was. I can't move the seat now (I'm the only one that drives this car...) but it doesn't rock!!

Reply to
hachiroku

Thanks for all the input, I will have a look at the rails soon.

"Eric" schreef in bericht news: snipped-for-privacy@infopact.nl...