Drivers seat reclined all the way, won't stay up!

My 2000 Toyota Solara (Camry) has a fully reclined driver's seat, that won't stay up.

When I took off the cover at the bottom, I saw that there is a reclining motor!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've had the car for a year and never seen the switch!!!!!!! Where is it?

On the seat there are 3 swtiches, front up and down, forward and backward, and back up and down. Hmmm. Does the middle switch twist? I read the owners manual but can't find it right now, so I'll go out and try that, unless you post before I do that.

But why did it go down in the first place? Could a gear be stripped? Did I push on some switch without noticing that I was doing that? How could I not hear it? Ay-yay-yah.

Reply to
micky

If you're lucky you might find the reclining switch on the side of the back (vertical) of the driver's seat.

Reply to
MLD

Thanks for your help.

No I am not lucky. There was no switch there... boo hoo hooooo. .... but.....

It turns out there are ONLY 2 switch buttons, and the front one does all the things I just listed. The rear button can be twisted and it made the seat back come back up again.!!! I was runing a wire from the trunk to the dashboard and spent some time stuffing it under the door threshold, and I must have pressed the button the other way. I thought I used both hands on the wire, but that's my only explanation. Didn't hear a thing.

I'm going to call this a senior moment, and in day or two when I have time, I'll tell you all about another senior moment involving cars. I'll also say something about the forwards/backwards switch.

Well it does, but it's the same as lifting one end and pushing the other end down. . So the seat itself rocks. as i pretty much already said.

Reply to
micky

ack

The universe it trying to tell you something: the car is doing its best to get you laid. You should've heeded thy warning. The sirens are eagerly waiting

Reply to
AD

A new explanation has been found. I was sitting on the threshhold with my back to the switch when I pushed t he switch with my back. I liked it when cars were wider and there was more room to sit.

Reply to
micky