EGR Valve Maintenance

The exhaust gas recirculation valve (EGR valve) in my '96 Camry sticks open after an hour or so on the highway. A hard tap releases it. I have tried cleaning it with carb cleaner and reaming it (with a gun barrel brush). It doesn't seem to help much. Any suggestions before I bite the bullet and buy a new EGR valve for $200.?

Reply to
fbrustman