engine check light on 2001 camry le

This is the second toime this has happened. I was told that the light comes on afterdepressing the gas pedal then trying to start engine. Anyone heard of this before? If that is the case what would need to be done to turn light off? The car runs fine even with light on.

Reply to
gramps

You need to find out what your car is trying to tell you, and for that you will need a scanner that can retrieve trouble codes. I've heard auto zone will get them for you for free. There are several hundred things that can make that light come on. Get the code and post it here, we'll help you out.

Reply to
qslim