Engine noise, any fix?

I am not sure why it makes noise, but bottomline, how much I may need to pay to fix this (in the most common & worst situation)

thanks,

tim

Reply to
tim

Well gee, I cant hear it from here even with my windows open so don`t worry about it.

Reply to
m Ransley

Tim,..if you aren't sure what the noise is,..you need to ask around for a reliable, trustworthy mechanic. Dealers have high overhead-costs and charge the maximum they can, by and large,..

Generally speaking, most engines have the odd noise here and there and if that noise is light and not a deep clonk or thud,..its probably not serious. But to relieve your concern, seek out the non-dealer mechanic that your friends, neighbor etc use who dont charge the earth, and get it right most times the first time...

To try and assess here what exactly is causing your noise is too difficult as there are so many potential causes.

The most common cause tho (I'd wager), is valve-train noise or overhead-gear noise. This is characterised in Camry engines by a lot of medium-loud plopping sounds which get louder as the engine is revved. The fix, if you really want to get rid of it, and this is optional, is to get a reshim of the cam to valve-bucket clearance. Unfortunately if this is indeed the cause, can cost 100s of dollars.

Jason

Reply to
Jason James

Gee, overflowing with detail, aren't you. Your engine makes noise because every second there are at least 30 or so explosions inside.

Qslim

Thanks a lot, Jason.

Reply to
tim