Folding side mirrors

I just baught a Toyota Camry 2002. I was surprised to learn that the side mirrors can not be folded in. I can't believe that the biggest car company in the world does not know how to make the side mirrors fold in. Also, reading other posts in this group, I see that many owners have their side mirrors broken because they can not fold.

Anyone know if I can replace the original mirrors with folding ones?

Reply to
Udi

They know how to do it, but it cost them more, so they don't.

Interestingly, they remove (or don't install) the side view mirrors on the cars sent from Japan so they can fit more cars on the ships. The dealers have to put them back on.

Reply to
Mark A

Cheap bastards.

Reply to
Udi

Interestin...they did.

My Corolla GTS (1985) has folding mirrors, but I don't think my '95 Tercel did. My '85 Celica did, but my '88 Supra doesn't...

Reply to
Hachiroku

I think it was "Udi" who stated:

I guess so. One of the cheapest cars that Toyota makes, my Scion xB, has folding mirrors . . . .

Reply to
Don Fearn

======================= A little caution goes a long way.

Reply to
Daniel

I am looking for an auto body person to replace the original side mirrors with folding mirrors. If anyone has experience with that please reply.

I am looking for a shop in the New York area to do the job.

Reply to
Udi

WHY do you HAVE to have FOLDING mirrors? Easier to adjust YOUR driving habits.

Reply to
sharx35

How does one adjust one's habits to avoid having people graze their cars in parking lots...? Leave the car at home, perhaps?

Reply to
mj

====== Should be very simple for any competent body shop. Just check yellow pages for collison repair, and find someone you're comfortable with.

Reply to