Fuel filler door is stuck shut.

I've got 95 Australian Camry station wagon 180,000km

I have got a problem opening the fuel filler door, the remote release isn't working. It did open last time but it felt stiff, I looked for a place to oil it but could not see how to lube the cable. now it has failed. I've only had a Toyota for 3 weeks is this sort of thing common?

Was thinking ... If I used a screwdriver and to pried the door open (I need fuel in the next week) How likely is it that I will damage the car if I was really careful.

btw I was impressed that when the timing belt broke last week it didn't hurt the engine a bit.

tyler

Reply to
Tyler

hey I fixed it! cable had fallen out of the guide.. By the light of day it was simple

/t

Reply to
Tyler