Fuel for a '88 4 cyl Camry

What type of fuel would be the best for my '88? Regular, Ethanol, or Premium With or without additives. Thank you in advance. I am a novice and I am learning lots from the newsgroup.

Rob snipped-for-privacy@iw.net

Reply to
gbfox

I have an 88 Camry with over 420,000 miles on it. I use plain old Marvel Mystery Oil, buy it at Walmart. I keep about 4 to 8 oz in the gas tank all the time. Before an oil change I put about a half quart in the crankcase. This keeps the engine clean. I use 10W40 oil, change it every 5000 miles. I've also been using a product from Muscle Products called MT-10. Look it up on the net. This Camry recently passes the tough Smog2 test here in Calif. That means the engine is NOT worn out at 420k......

Reply to
CoosBayDave

Does anyone here believe this?

Reply to
SHARX.

Don't know, the 88 Camry's were made awfully good......the one we sold to my sister-in-law is right at 300,000 trouble-free miles....oil changes about every 3,500 miles with Pennzoil 10W30 summer and a mix of 5W/10W-30 in winter.

-

-- Curtis Newton snipped-for-privacy@remove-me.akaMail.com

ICQ: 4899169 Anti-Spam filter in place--

Reply to
Curtis Newton

I have an 87 Camry with under 200,000 Miles on it. What other maintenance you done to your camry to keep it going so long? Have you had the valves, cams adjusted? Mine is a DOHC engine does it need adjustments every

60,000 or so miles?

Any advise would be appreciated. I want my car to live as long as possible.

Thank you...and congrats on such an awsome car!

Reply to
B.F.