Further Comments

I posted an earlier comment in regard to the homely, and I mean homely--BUTT UGLY, appearance of the Toyota Camry.

I just happened to glance at the most recent issue of Business Week. The cover article is, "CAN ANYTHING STOP TOYOTA?," in reference to their continuing automotive triumphs.

The first thing on my mind was, "YES." Something WILL, and hopefully soon ( I'm tired at looking at ugly cars ), stop Toyota in their continuing domination of the auto marketplace.

The thing that will stop them is: BUTT UGLY CARS. I wouldn't be caught dead driving a Toyota Camry, or any Toyota. I don't care if the car exudes quality. I desire to drive a car that I find exciting, and attractive. A Toyota would be last on my list fulfilling my criteria for something attractive and appealing.

I'd like to know exactly how many people, who personally own a Toyota, find it sexy, and exciting. Most people buy it because of its of reliability, and good resale value.

Life is much, much, much too short to drive something that is uninspiring and just plain boring.

Reply to
Carlton Prestwicke

Nobody cares about you or S&M problems you are an out of work septic tank cleaner driving a 81 dodge van that my dog wouldnt get in. get a life looser, boozer

Reply to
mark Ransley

I need something sexy, I choose a chick. Cars' for driving, chicks for banging. You need something to make you feel macho? Buy yourself a Humvee, Tarzan!

Reply to
Jim

Actualy i like em so much thinking about getting one. Only wish the tires were larger.

Reply to
mark Ransley

Whilst aesthetics does play a major part in our selection of cars, the other more practical factors such as reliability and resale should dominate surely. In any case, Camry's were not intended to be a performance car with agressive or sleeky appearance. Its a case of horses for courses as they say.

Jason

Reply to
Jason James

Well, yes. Those are excellent criteria for making a decision to spend US$20,000 or more

Actually, it's too short to spend time worrying about what/how/why *other*

*people* drive ;)

But really, Camrys are, as someone said earlier, NOT *supposed* to be "sexy and exciting". That's the beauty of the marketplace, you can get what suits you best if you can pay for it.

For many people, a car is an object whose purpose is to get you from point A to point B safely, and they'll get inspiration from the scenery, entertainment from the stereo. That's just fine.

Reply to
Jose Diaz