g.Need advise on this.

My rear engine seal on my 95 Camray is leaking some. The dealer want $1,000 to fix this. He has to pull the engine to do this. He advised against using an oil additive to which could stop the leak.

need advise

Reply to
bob

In news:6AzFb.8955$ snipped-for-privacy@newsread1.news.atl.earthlink.net, bob being of bellicose mind posted:

Once the engine and transaxle are separated, make sure to ALSO replace the oil seal on the transmission pump (located where the torque converter engages the oil pump). Generally speaking, the transaxle is pulled from the car, leaving the engine installed.

Reply to
Philip®

The big question is how much is it leaking and how much of an annoyance is it ? I had an '83 Corona with a 22R engine that had a rear seal leak. A bit messy but never needed any oil between changes. Sold it to my wife's cousin and her brother reports it stopped leaking on its own. Go figure.

Reply to
D F Bonnett