getting away with low octane gas

I recently bought a 1997 Camry LE 4cylinder. With gas prices so high, I have been using the lowest octane gas available in Denver CO (high altitude) which is a 85 octane without any obvious problems. I think I am suppose to use the midgrade gas of 87 octane. Anyone have an opinion or experience with using the lower octane gas on their toyota engine?

Reply to
john

Higher altitudes have always required lower octane fuel in naturally aspirated engines. Drive on!

--

- Philip @ Maximum Torque RPM
Reply to

Been in Denver and higher elevations since 1996 running 85 octane on a Camry, Integra.....Camry has 300K; Integra had 130K when traded..no problems at all.

-

-- Curtis Newton snipped-for-privacy@remove-this.akaMail.com

ICQ: 4899169 Anti-Spam filter in place--

Reply to
Curtis Newton

If it doesnt run well on low octane you need a tune up, Low is all you need.

Reply to
m Ransley