getting fuel makes 2004 run like crap for 25 miles or so

Has anyone else experienced this? I have finally correlated this to getting fuel from several different gas stations from different areas :|

I really don't know how to present this to the dealer without sound like an idiot, but it runs like crap...then after 25 miles, it idles smooth again :(

Cheers,

Rich

MCSE, MCSA, MCDBA, MCP

Reply to
RTL

badgolferman

Hey, those special initials are for software not hardware :)~ I guess I have to do the warranty thing :(

Cheers,

Rich

MCSE, MCSA, MCDBA, MCP

Reply to
RTL

Are you topping up the tank when you fill it? By that I mean, filling it after the handle has clicked off? Although I have never had this happen to me, I have heard of it. It has to do with the Evap Emissions system, the fuel pressure and the cannister. Try *not* filling it all the way, like the next time you need 1/4 tank, add 2-3 gallons instead of filling it. THen if it runs ok, fill it till it clicks and see what happens.

Reply to
HachiRoku

see a dealer and verify the problem with them

Reply to
toyotawiz

sounds like you may be overfilling it or there is a mechanical problem. dont continue filling after the pump stops

Reply to
toyotawiz

Hey there,

Thank you to all that responded. The problem seems to have gone away with me stopping at the "click." I didn't realize that was an issue.

Now, I'm onto the next issue....we'll see what the dealer says for that one tomorrow lol

Thanks again,

Rich

Reply to
RTL