Good Mechanic in Houston TX

I am looking for a good mechanic in Houston TX.

Looking to change my water pump, seals, belts..

toyota at fred hass wanted like 760++

Blood suckers

I know parts are only 260 outside from another toyota store anybody?

--------------------------------------- Golf Deals, Golf Product reviews and more

skewe

Just change it yourself, it's not so hard.

Buy the special tools at Autozone. Even though you need to buy new tools you will still make out way ahead of the game if you take it to an independent mechanic.

Open the hood and try to fit your hand around the water pump. Does the job look doable to you? Or will the engine need to be pulled for clearance? If the latter, just take it to a mechanic. Shop around for one and check the Better buisness Bureu and Consumer Affairs Online.

East-

Reply to
eastwardbound2003

Go to

and find out what a new water pump will cost for your car. I checked on 2000 Camries and the prices for NEW varied from about $30-70.

NAPA normally has GOOD parts. Would be a waste of time to try to guess what seals and belts you need, but the point is you can get good aftermarket parts and don't have to go to a Toyota dealership.

Now, there are a number of good mechanics in Houston, but probably a lot more that will skin you.

Go to the AAA website, and if you dig around, you can find their list of approved mechanics. I normally do my own work, but have used their recommended sites on a couple of occasions and was well satisfied.

Reply to
<HLS

Asia Auto Care on 12420 S. Gessner @ W.Airport. Their telephone number is

713-773-1166.

I recently had my AC go out on me. The AC LED was blinking and the compressor would not start. I took it in and they checked out the car. During the check up the AC started working again. Apparently I had a bad contact on my relay that turns on the clutch. Anyway, they did not charge me for this. Mr.Can Nguyen said that because he did not "fix" the car, he was not going to charge me. I have many other similar stories of when I owned my Mitsubishi Galant. They are very fair with their prices and I have always been impressed with the quality of their repairs. My Galant had one problem after another once it got to about 120,000 miles and they helped me out quite a bit.

Reply to
JOSE CARMONA