Good Mechanic in Tampa

Hi. I'm looking for a good mechanic in Tampa. While at school (Erwin Tech), my car refused to start. When the tow guy came, after I popped the hood, he tightened something (think it started with a T), and it ran fine.

About a week before that, I had it towed to Pep Boys (on Florida Ave), and they said my alternator was bad. When I mentioned this to the tow guy, he said that if my alt was bad, my car wouldn't even be running.

Now, when I drive, it sometimes makes a low, I don't know, "rattle." It's not often, yet, but it is a concern. I've had it looked at by a couple of people, and have been given different "problems," and of course, costs. Anyone have an idea as to what the prob may be, and a good and honest mechanic who could fix it.

Reply to
oweaponx

car refused to start. When the tow guy came, after I popped the hood, he tightened something (think it started with a T), and it ran fine.

Throttle cable? disTributor? sTarter? solenoid? positive battery Terminal?

What did he tighten it with? His hand, a wrench?

they said my alternator was bad. When I mentioned this to the tow guy, he said that if my alt was bad, my car wouldn't even be running.

often, yet, but it is a concern. I've had it looked at by a couple of people, and have been given different "problems," and of course, costs. Anyone have an idea as to what the prob may be, and a good and honest mechanic who could fix it.

Go to Napa Auto Parts or AutoZone, ask them who they recommend...

Reply to
onehappymadman

car refused to start. When the tow guy came, after I popped the hood, he tightened something (think it started with a T), and it ran fine.

Those wouldn't be the "high tension wires" (spark plug cables), would they?

Reply to
onehappymadman