Hard To Get Toyotas

Group, Why is it so darn hard to get a Camry Solara. The basic package is with a manual transmission, but you can't get one anywhere. Why does Toyota advertise manual transmissions for Solara's but you can't get one. I'm almost convinced that Toyota puts the manual in its advertisements to say to GM and Honda etc that they have the low price leader.

Frustrated

Reply to
ajocius

The regional Toyota distributors are the ones who decide which options to order from the factory. These decisions are made months in advance. If the distributor orders one, and you dealer requests one from the distributor, then you can get one.

If the distributor in your region does not supply Solaras with manual transmissions to dealers, then inquire with dealers in other states that use a different distributor (they are geographically based).

Reply to
Mark A
15 years ago, it would be a problem, but not today. You have a phone and a computer, right? I'm in SoCal and wanted a Tacoma 4wd in June 04. Nothing in the area. One deal in san Francisco died when the dealer increased the price $1000 at delivery, so I found one in Salem, Oregon. It's early in the model year, unlike June 04, so start dialing.

Reply to
Alex

The dealer can do that for you, too, if they wanted the sale. Joe

Reply to
joe s

Well I ordered the Solara in May and for the time being cancelled the order in late November. Went the entire summer without a single hit. The dealer said that there was one in Boston that met my criteria. But shipping was a problem. The dealer has to pickup the shipping costs. After the winter, its another try for the Solara and an Accord EX. They both drive about the same.

Tony

Reply to
TonyJ