Heater core replacement on a 91 camry 4 cyl

My sons heater core leaked coolant all over the passenger side floor.

We had it replaced only 15 month ago by a local mechanic.Guarentee has expired.

I called the dealer for an estimate and was quoted 10 hrs labor plus parts as the dash and ac unit has to be pulled.

May try to do this with my son.

Anyone here every do this, if so we would appreciate and tips you can give us.

Thanks

Reply to
ufatbastehd

Check the free online guide at AutoZone. I'd suggest you replace the heater core hoses (and radiator hoses if they haven't been changed). Gates hoses (and belts) are excellent. I wouldn't use anything less. These are available at your local NAPA and other parts stores. Get a heater core from NAPA while you are there, it's about $90.

Do use the Toyota Red coolant with distilled water only. Or the new Pink pre-mixed coolant without additional water.

Replac> My sons heater core leaked coolant all over the passenger side floor. >

Reply to
johngdole

Hey THanks!!!

I would have never thought that Autozone had more info them my FSM which has not mention of the core.

snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

ufatbastehd

Make sure the heater hoses are not leaking thru the engine compartment

Reply to
sqdancerLynn