Help replace bad left brake/stop bulb on 99 Camry ( Photos link available)

My left brake light is bust and needs to replace it. I could get my hands to the holder which holds the brake/stop bulb but I am not able to pull out the holder from the compartment to get to the bulb. I tried rotating it clockwise,counter-clockwise and by just pulling it out..Nothing works...Please let me know how to remove this holder to expose the bulb.

Photos at

Thanks

Reply to
Manoj Nair

Should be a twist and pull type deal.

Sometimes they can be in there pretty tight! You want to twist anti-clockwise (looking at it from *inside* the trunk!) All of a sudden it will just twist! Don't be afraid to muscle it a little. If you're *VERY* careful try a pair of pliers. It should be marked 'open' and 'lock'.

Reply to
HachiRoku

Your owner's manual should have instructions so you're sure to be removing it correctly. If you don't have one they're usually available on eBay for around $5. Generally those sockets will turn counter clockwise to remove. Try pushing in and turning harder.

Reply to
Daniel M. Dreifus