Hood Release Cable Adjustment - '95 Camry Sedan

4 cylinder version. The cable has stretched out and won't release the hood. How do I access and adjust it?
Reply to
Leftie

I had the same thing happen to my trunk release twice. The warranty covered it the first time but not the second. The dealer wanted like $300 - $400 to fix it. That seems to be their magic number for "everything". Anyway I decided not to have it fixed since I can still use my remote to release it or simply use the key to unlock it. I know the hood release doesn't work that way though. Best wishes and let us know what you find out. "Leftie" wrote in message news:gEFgk.27$ snipped-for-privacy@fe085.usenetserver.com... 4 cylinder version. The cable has stretched out and won't release the hood. How do I access and adjust it?

Reply to
Sparki

I would have thought you could have somehow disconnect the pull up lever bit of the consul and got it open that way. Change it or maybe effectively shorten the inner but adding maybe a spacer or some think like that so the WIRE seems shorter

JM UK

Reply to
JM

The rubber bumpers under the hood settle and need to be screwed out, having someone lift the hood while you try to pull the release often works, then you might reset the whole lock out or maybe a cable clamp, it can stretch from friction from the hood being to low, well, it worked for me.

Reply to
ransley

I'll try it. The car was 180k miles on it, and I'm sure it's just normal stretching. I need a way to first get it open, then adjust it. I'll try the two-person solution you suggested for opening it, then see what I can do about adjusting it.

Reply to
Leftie

mine actualy stuck to the bumpers from old grease or whatever, I had to pry it up, or maybe I hit it down, i forget, but when it sticks I am lucky enough to get my fingernails in enough to pull it up, since the bumpers settle, the pin gets locked in place, eventualy you will figure it out .

Reply to
ransley

We got it open with the two person method, and I oiled the mechanism. I didn't see a way to adjust the height of the rubber bumpers, though, and couldn't even feel the cable underneath the latch mount brace. Anyone familiar with the exact layout of the cable...?

Reply to
Leftie

quoted text -

The bumpers screw out and up with a pair of pliers, counter clock is up, use grease it lasts longer, raising the hood might be all you need, its all i needed.

Reply to
ransley