Horn sounds when connecting new battery

My 2002 Camry needed a new battery, which I purchased just now. Upon connecting it, the horn sounds continuously. I guess it's a security feature or something, but I bought it used without an owner's manual. Does anyone know how to disable or suppress the horn at battery reconnect?

You'd think toyota.com would let you download PDFs of the manual for free, but nooo. What few online pubs they have say to refer to your owner's manual.

Thanks,

Bill Le May

Reply to
Bill

"Bill" wrote in news:QeEve.107516$nG6.29599@attbi_s22:

You might want to find the horn fuse and pull it.

will give you all you can download for $10 per day.

Reply to
TeGGeR®

If its the OEM Fujitsu 10 VIP alarm - you can do a fax-back from them for the manual. You have the keyless entry fobs? Do a search on the newsgroup for the fax-back number. - I've posted it several times.

Reply to
Wolfgang

Put the key in the ignition, turn it on then off.

Or use the remote to unlock / lock / unlock the doors.

Reply to
Travis Jordan

that sucks

Reply to