How do I remove fron't panel where cigarette lighter is?

I was trying to remove a piece of a car adapter that got stuck in the cigarette lighter and managed to disconnect the wires that provide power to the cigarette lighter. In the process of fixing this problem I managed to disconnect otherwires apparently providing power to the radio, and clock on my dashboard. Now I can't turn on my radio or see the time on my dashboard. I believe it was simply some wire unplugged because both stopped working at the same time. Any ideas would be appreciated. Incidentally I can insert and eject tapes from the player but it won't power on.

BTW It's a 94 Camry

John T.

Reply to
John Toliver

Re: How do I remove fron't panel where cigarette lighter is?

Pry at the lower corners until it releases (held in with clips that are not visible) Using a clean screwdriver you can compress the surrounding hard foam enough to get the tip of the screwdriver under the panel edge, then it should pop out fairly easily. If one side sticks too much, try the other lower corner. Once one side releases, you're done.

Reply to
Daniel M. Dreifus

Hi, check your fuse - they all on the same one you may have blown it.

rgds

Peter

Reply to
Peter

You were right. I did blow a fuse. I had a bunch more car trouble and it is just now getting back to normal. I ended up replacing fuses but I have a short in my cigarette lighter and some un insulated wire is now contacting and shorting the circuit so anytime I try to use my lighter then the mirrors and radio go out. I will get that fixed but it's not a priority now. Thanks for the help.

Reply to
john_toliver

The front panel should just unsnap from the dash. Hmmm.....radio not a priority!?! You need to rethink your priorities!!!

At any rate, look from underneath to see if there are any screws visible. If not, *gently* try to pry the faceplate off. If it doesn't budge (or you hear some creaking or snapping), if the ash tray is installed in this assembly, remove the ash tray and look for screws.

Reply to
Hachiroku