How do I remove front bumper on 97 toyota camry?

I need to replace front bumper and am willing to try it on my own. Can anyone provide instructions as to where all bolts are located and any tips about performing this task? Thanks

Reply to
Riskman

-- Cribbed from the factory manual:

  1. Remove engine undercover.(picture shows three fasteners)
  2. Remove fender liner.(picture shows two fasteners) remove turn signal light assembly. (remove fastener/ fasteners and pry forward)(see owners manual for this and don't do it while cold or plastic will crack) :-(
  3. Remove bumper cover by removing the two bolts and three clips. (Picture shows three clips per side???)
  4. Remove the bolt holding the bumper end to the fender. (two bolts shown)
  5. Pull bumper cover forward to remove the bumper cover from the clip under the turn signal light area.
  6. Pull the bumper cover forward to remove it.

Hint: Align the holes of the bumper cover with the two bumper stays of the reinforcement.

  1. Remove front bumper energy absorber.
  2. Remove front bumper reinforcement (25 ft lbs torgue).
  3. Remove front bumper reinforcement sub-assembly.

Never done it, but that's my interpretation of the manual's words and diagrams.

John M. Darnielle Remove anti spam phrase from reply address to e-mail me.

"
Reply to
John M. Darnielle

I'd disconnect the battery so you don't trigger the airbags to go off.

Reply to
Wolfgang