How do I remove my Camry steering wheel?

Anybody has any step by step instructions on replacing the steering wheel for a 93 camry? Had an accident a while back and my airbag blew up on my face. Long story short I now have a hole in my steering wheel where my airbag used to be. I would like to replace with a Momo or like type steering wheel, but need to remove the old one first. Thought it was going to be straight forward, but apparently it is not. Any help would be appreciated.

Reply to
suarezn518

Try the instructions from AutoZone's free online repair guide:

Anybody has any step by step instructions on replacing the steering

Reply to
johngdole

The steering wheel system has some control items attached to it. If the wheel is replaced with a non-Toyota one, these controls need to be modified.

Once the steering nut is removed the wheel may need to be pulled off with a bolt on type puller. Mark the wheel and steering shaft to allow replacement of the new wheel in the same orientation.

Reply to
toyomoho